Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pherry's Olympic project

So, after dinner last Sunday, me and Pherry had to stay up late to finish his project. They all had to make anything that has to do with Olympics. He decided he wanted to make medals. The supplies have been bought a few days ago, so we were all set. Here are the medals. We both are not artistic, Hubby is, but I guess, he was dowmed by the red wine earlier, so he was snoring ( shhh) by then. Hope you like them, the teacher did, and he gave Pherry extra points.











The medals are made of plywood, from Michael's, an arts and crafts store, washable paint and medal ribbons. Pherry though of the Olympic ring as added touch, and the Team USA is added later because he needed to incorporate a chosen country that participates in the Games for this project. He stayed loyal and chose USA. Since the plywood was a little in the yellow side, it was hard to paint silver, so I had to redo it and this time put a white primer as base then, silver. Worked out pretty good after that.

My kids are my Olympians- great in every level, from bronze to gold, they are winnersin my heart! In fact, just having them makes me more than an Olympian. I am sure all parents feel this way. Keep smiling everyone. Make this day your Olympic moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so glad to know you're blessed with wonderful kids...smart as there mom... give them a hug for me...

... an old friend from the phil...