Saturday, April 2, 2011

In Goodwill, everything is available

Why, you even meet friends there? Goodwill, you are the best!

Yesterday, I was in need of a good book. I finished rereading ( yup, that's a word-- ray --ray -ding... at least in my book) for the 348th time The Nanny Diaries, which usually signals me to hook myself up with another love---finding new books. But, I have waaay too many books according to Mr.Hubbs, plus I have yet to replenish my imaginary savings account---so Goodwill is my BFF. For those not in the know--- oh, my if you are not into thrift shopping, you are losing out on a lot of things--- but that's good for me, I guess. Back to the topic---for you who are not into Goodwill (boo!!!), hardbound books are 1.99 and paperbacks are only .99 cents! Is that a deal or is that a deal?!! Is that a deal? Childrens' books are 99 cents and 59 cents respectively. Funny thing is, they price Harry Potter books and Pirates of the Carribean books as kids... good for me! My greatest find so far? My Nancy Drew series of 12---complete set! Oh love, love love!

So anyway, I went in on a snowy day of April. Yes peeps---April in Boston = SNOW. No April Fools joke here. Of course, I got more than books --- I met a new friend. Yes, in my all fleece blazing red jogging pants, white shirt and Hunter boots I-just-dropped-off-the-kids-to-school-after-I- rolled-out-of-bed look. La la la la--- I got me a brand new cool friend. Because I like telling people they got good deals, I told her she got good deal on a guitar. She turned around ,she asked me if I was Filipina, I did not know she was--- I swear! We chatted and we totally found out everything about us and our families in 2 seconds. She blogs too-- about food and photography. She is an interior designer by profession--- Booyah! I need a friend like that to help me with my DIY pa-ra-jects! I can totally imagine my projects getting done. The best part is that her kids are my kids age. Isn't that great? Awesome!

To tell you we are both ka-ray-zee is an understatement. I brought her to my house to show her that awkward space in my living room and get her professional opinion on what to do with it--- (I am totally USING her)... and she brought me to her house too--on the SAME day. She introduced me to Babycakes in Wollaston and I can tell you those darn cupcakes are good. So good that I hate it. I might just break my promise to improve my blood work results. We chatted in her house until we both needed to pick up the kids. What kids? Oh, OUR kids.

 I thought I was back in college again, because it sure felt that way. You know that feeling of meeting new people who you feel you have a special bond? Yeah, kinda like that. If only I was college age again too.

So, to my new friend Ces, here's to more talks and projects together!

2 comments:

ces said...

you know what they say, right? everything happens for a reason. why, you may ask?

1. i am reposting this, that way i save time and effort trying to blog about yesterday!!! after all we are here to help each other save, korek? plus, you write so much better and this is like reading a manuscript in a... teleserye! lol!

2. this serves as our binding contract that i will be doing your kid's photos from this day forward! :D not to mention those 'projects' that we both need to tackle!

3. i just might be back to blogging, and just so you know, i am posting a reply both here and on FB!!! :P

and lastly...

4. i can stop drooling on those Gucci's, LV's and RM's since i now have a new found friend who will LET ME BORROW one when i need them!!!!! wahahahaha!!! yes, i stalked you on FB last night! just saying...:)

if only you're not on duty this weekend, i would've invited you and your fam over for dinner!!!
what a great read on a lovely Saturday morning, NFF..that's for new found friend? haha!

Bernadette Llaga said...

Ces.... finally someone comments on entry, not on FB... hehheheh.
1. I write informally. you do write better but coming from you... thanks
2. Peechur naaa!
3. Blog blog blog. love, love, love.
4. ahahha. Now you know my bad secret. I was gonna tell you that but we met at Goodwill, remember?
I am always on for dinner dates.