Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse 2017, not about the Eclipse

Please do not ask me where I have been. Also, I am not crazy with the eclipse. I just wanted to reactivate my blogging and the more i PROCRASTINATE coz I have a lot to catch on, the more I am buried, so i figured I can just start today hoping the eclipse would "energize" me.

Anyway, Pherry is going back to school soon and he will be a sophomore! Unbelievable. He picked up Fencing in college. Pherry started basketball, he didn't like it, partially coz of Chris. Chris is a little too pushy and hardcore when it comes to sports. Then he did chess, that he liked but he never really got to it. He also did table tennis, which he plays once in a while. Did you know he plays the ukelele?

KC and I are busy prepping for her debutante's ball. Actually, she is upstairs creating an iMovie for her "save the date". KC will be very busy this school year as she was elected Class President of the Juniors. I am so excited for her. She did all her campaigning on her own, not a single help from us---she made her own speech and all that. So proud of this young lady.

Josh? My baby Josh is going to be a freshman this Fall. How did this ever happen? How?  In fact, he just finished his 3-day intro to ROTC. In connection to that, he will not be going to Quincy Highschool like Pheery and KC. Instead, he is attending North Quincy High. Why, i don't know. i think he just wants to be different from the two.

Mr. Hubbs, aka Chris is doing really good.  He is crazy working night shift but it works for him, so i let him be. I prodded him many times over to go back to dayshift. We both go at the shooting range once in a while but we have not been, as we got so busy with family.

Me? I changed jobs. In fact, I'd be celebrating my one year anniversary this week at this new job. It's doing well---albeit a few hiccups, as any other job is. The good thing is, I REALLY LOVE WHAT I DO, so any shitty stuff, I can take. The great thing is --- my co-supervisors are awesome! My bag collection? I have not purchased any major stuff for 2 years now --- until we went to Montreal this month. I bough a crocodile!!!!! I now have a rabbit, a snake and a crocodile in my closet.

What else can I tell you? The restaurant scene in my city is booming. We have been busy exploring but it gets to be expensive. Oh, wait. I went to do a mystery shopping kind of thing and I got paid a whopping----$12.00. Hahahhaha. Hey, its lunch money.

I miss my friends. I visited family this month but my friends and I have not been together for weeks now.

I am helping plan a Filipino Food Fest. i'll let you know when that happens.

Now more than ever, I appreciate my parents for sending us to college on their own, without loans or dole outs. I only have Pherry and it has been extremely difficult with us financially. I can only imagine my parents who sent all of us ( 10), at times, three at a time! What makes it even more admirable is that my parents both do  not even have education whatsoever. If my dad is to be believed, he said he only reached 6th grade. But he was such a good businessman--- a humane businessman. MAybe, that's where Pherry and Josh got their math wizards? No? My mom was a great orator and for a very long time, a public servant. Yes, not a politician but a public servant. Maybe, that is why KC is good at campaigning? No?

It's been a wonderful summer here in Boston. We spent 2 weeks in Montreal. Oh, I have a lot of memories to share to you about that.

My health is not doing well. I have been gaining weight lately so I am working on making some changes. Today, I activated my activity and sleep tracker. I synced it with my iPhone  and set 8 hours sleep monitoring and 10,000 steps. Hopefully I can really be on top of this. Please let me know on your comments below, how you keep healthy.

We bought PCs for KC and one for Chris and me to use. Hoepfully that will help with my blogging. LOL.

I think that is all for now. Keep smiling and let your loved ones know you love them. Be affectionate.





Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful day and keep smiling!

No comments: