Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 List

Today is the 30th day of December. Tomorrow, the world will say goodbye to 2009. Which brings me the question, is it better to have a seamless transition to a new year, so that the life we run is uninterrupted or you desire it as a brand new start? Fair enough for a discussion, don't you think? I can tell you my preference, but you might have to buy me popcorn to discuss it.

Nevertheless, that is not what this entry is for. For the new year, a lot of people make new year's resolution. I made those too. Never worked. I feel like it was a curse list, bound to make me feel guilty or abandon my newfound strenght to evolve to a better version of me, an updated one, with the new softwares and gadgets. Bleech! It seems like the word resolution gives it a negative connotation. This year, I am making a list. I call it my 2010 list. This list will include all my desires for 2010, and hopefully, able to cross them off this long list as I am able to triumphantly emerge as the winner between the LIST and ME. The difference? Since it is a list of my goals, I can actually visualize it. It has nothing to do with regretting. It is more focused on attaining. So here goes my nemesis... I warn you, I will emerge victorious. Hopefully by December 2010, I can repost this entry and the LIST is totally crossed off!


I want to eat more fruits.

I want to invest in good shoes. less cheap shoes and more on investment ones. Yes, Fridah, that means more expense, but less shoes.

I want to sell all my old Coach and Kate Spade bags. Sorry, my Guccis and LVs and Marc Jacos are to stay.

I want to see my friends more often. More dinner dates.

I want to celebrate my bday this year. With a get- together with family and close friends only.

I need to pray more often. i pray a lot already, but I need to focus more on praying, you know , the unstructured ones. Like join a prayer group.

AS ABOVE, I want to have a spiritual retreat. A weekend retreat should be god enough.

I need to exercise more. Notice, I did not say, lose weight. If by exercising, I lose weight, great!

I want to do the cleansing regimen. Like, fruits and liquid intake only.

I want to continue, or should I say, I want to do Zumba again.

I want to be more active on my blogging. One entry per day should be good.

I want to go on a cruise. Boston harbor cruise does not count.

I want to grow my hair long.

I want to learn how to use a DVR, so I can watch more CSI, House, Bones and all my junk TV.

I want to be able to stick to one brand of cosmetics, bathroom essentials and all my garbage. MAC or Lancome only.

I want to stop buying stuff only because it's on sale, like 70% off.

I want to switch from PC to MAC. Once you go MAC , you never go back, right?

I need to read more books. One book a month should be fair enough.

I want to work less OT and learn to live with my base income, so help me God.

I want to go to New York City without the kids. I want to explore the city by myself and do the movie thing. Hail the yellow cab and say something stupid like, "follow that car", or just walk around Manhattan without a care in the world. Not even the naked guitar man can stop me!

I want to see more museums.

I want to go back to Nova Scotia Canada.

I want to lessen my time on facebook.

I need to learn how to be more understanding. to the stupid ones. Grrrr.

I need to watch less Law and Order.

I want to take my time. I am always rushing.

I want to bring my family to Washington DC and Disneyworld again. Please!

I want to declutter my house, so help me God.

This is in no particular order and please add more if you have more you think you ant t do also, or if you agree with me, drop me a line!

No comments: