Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just an update

I have not been good, blogwise. I have not done any entry for January. So, what have I been up to? Anything planned up already? I am so sorry for lazy bullet entries.



1. I have been to a dinner date with my girlfriends Sol and Grace at Joe's American Grill and Bar at South Shore Plaza. We intended to meet up at The Cheesecake Factory but the wait time is 1 hour. Horrendous! Being with my girlfriends is so refreshing. It's like the beginning of spring! Always a welcome treat! Screw CF, good company beats it!

2. Hubby treated me and the kids to our favorite restaurant, Minado. Of course I had tons of sushi and sashimi and .... gluttony! Chris loves Japanese food, period, so we go all the time.

3. Josh has been chosen to be part of a study for a group of teachers. Basically, they pull them from class for 30 minutes once a week and observe them. The chosen kids were actually recommended by the homeroom teachers as models of exemplary behaviour. Naks... exemplary behaviour!

4. Kuya Pherry got into spelling bee competition. Out of 110 words, he got one mistake. One. Rutabaga. It's some kind of turnip that is yellow. Hmmmp... rutabaga. We'll see how that goes.

5. I finally upgraded to iPhone 3GS. Technically, I upgraded last October but I gave the phone to my niece, Yayo in the Philippines, so I was stuck with my good old iPhone. Not that I was in a hurry to do so. I basically use my iPhone as PHONE and camera, so no big deal for all the other flashy apps. Hubby upgraded from 3G to the S and we were adding up a line for Pherry, so the decision to upgrade. I have been loving it so far. Karmina decided to get a Pantech phone, to which I say. what is that? LOL. Joshua now have my dinosaur iPhone. What I just discovered though is that, even without a SIM, it connects to the net by Wi-Fi. Free! Yes, I know, I know.. my phone bill is gargantuan. More like a car payment. Hahahhah! I feel better though, knowing that KC and Pherry can always call me. Besides, I do not subscribe to the net, I get it free at my condo complex. Yay for good neighbors.

6. KC and Pherry have activated their FB accounts. I know they are too young but they seem to be responsible. I did explain to them that once I see one, just one crazy thing they are doing, I will delete their account, confiscate their phones and work hard to earn my trust again. What i did was to activate email notifications from their accounts so that I can see all their activities even if they deleted them already.

7. We are going to be busy in May. First week, we go up to Canada for Jem's christening/ Ice's birthday. Aside from that, it is also Mother's Day that Sunday. The following weekend, it's KC and Pherry's first communion. I am excited. Actually, I am looking for Pherry's white tuxedo. Todo na' to! The following week, we go up to Michigan, if all plans work out and the last weekend is the kids' dance recitals. KC is doing ballet, tap, jazz and hip-hop, while Pherry is doing hip-hop only. The costumes cost an arm and a leg... really!

8. I requested my summer vacation already. Awaiting supervisor confirmation. I hope I get my priority dates.

9. I went to see Avatar with Hubby. Ahhh, movie date! yahoo! I love Avatar! I have a confession to make. Please do not report me. LOL. I have seen Sherlock Holmes also but I did not go to the movies. I got a pirated copy from someone ( name withheld for protection and my own personal gain-so Hubby can borrow again). It was watermarked. It did not matter to this people, they still copied it. Am I as guilty?

10. I am so in love with my Flip video camera. I have the Flip Ultra HD. I liked the Ultra better than the Mino when I read reviews. Now, what to do with those captured moments? I can't save it on Hubby's PC because he does not want me to clutter his PC. So, I have been saving it on my Cruizer. Thank God for portable flash drives. I am thinking of getting an external drive, maybe something with a 1T capacity. I heard Western has good reputation but I love the sleek design of the Seagate. What to do? Hmmm.

As you can see, nothing much. I heard my Inang's paper for her Canadian immigration is on it's final stage. Hopefully, she will be here soon. Pray with me.

I have yet to debut my "secret" bag to you. Maybe someday.

No comments: