Wednesday, June 23, 2010

School's off! School's off!

My morning routine is mind boggling, I can't even tell you. Since I work 3pm-11pm, I get home around 12am-ish, watch a little TV, mostly reruns of Law and Order, CSI, Bones and House. If not, I read some books which by the way is a monster backlog for me now. Sometimes, I eat. That's not good. I know that. But I do. Just last night Hubbs cooked this decadent braised beef and I can not resist it, followed with ripe Philippine mango and yummm! Before I get sidetracked with this post about my eating,. let me stop. Oh... no.. yeah, wait... I just need to tell you that I had yema balls too. Heaven.

Anyway, Hubbs wakes me up at 0530, I drop him at work, get back home about 0630, wake up the kids, prepare breakfast, make sure KC does not stay in the shower forever, insist on Pherry that putting on lotion is a must because he tends to have ashy skin even if he misses putting lotion just for a day, tell Josh that brushing his teeth is mandatory, tell KC that today is not appropriate to wear this/that clothes, ask Pherry if he comb his hair yet, assure Josh it's ok to wear shirts that are not ironed... blah,blah,blah. All this while I am preparing either oatmeal, sunny side up, corned beef or simple toasted bread.  Then I make sure their homework is properly done, ask them if there are notices I need to know, papers to sign and ... this is big... and make sure that they unloaded their leftover food and food containers from previous day. Believe me, you do not want to get in their bag when that happens. We then sit down together and eat. If everything went well with the above mentioned routine, we can at least have a leisurely breakfast. How often that happens in the school year, I can count fingers.... wait, I can count on my right hand fingers. Sometimes, I am combing KC's hair while she's eating, checking Pherry's project while debating with Josh regarding unironed shirts, telling KC that she does not have to stay in the shower for like 1 hour and making sure  Josh gets to drink juice and Pherry,milk. No matter what I do, KC only drinks water in the morning, which is good.

Now, the school year has ended and the kids are at home with me the whole day. I tell you, this--- now it is a different situation altogether. None of those routines above but not better. They have so much time in their hands that they get so crazy. CRAZY!  Pherry can't be bothered while constructing Lego, good luck to me asking him to eat. KC is insisting on a layered hairstyle ( she got it yesterday, thanks Ate Frids.), Josh is excited he is allowed to watch TV endlessly! Kidding! I have yet to pick up their summer reading books so for now, we are doing little bit of activities. Yesterday was the first full day off from school. Pherry cooked rice and bought strawberries for strawberry smoothie. It was yummy by the way. Josh helped me cook adobo. KC has been sick since Monday so she's not been excited at all.

I have planned little half day activities. We are going to the bookstore today to check on some books Pherry wants to add to his collection. I have to reserve his iPad too. He has been saving for it. He still needs a little bit more but he pledged his bday money for it, so I might just reserve it knowing that it is so backordered. I am actually glad he likes the iPad because

 1. I can borrow it. I can hear him saying, " but Mom, this is mine only."
2. Hopefully, I can save money by buying ebooks. I heard they are cheaper.

Gotta go peeps, I have 3 kids in my ward and I gotta keep up, less I will tire excessively just telling them to STOP FIGHTING!

So, yes peeps, no more school day routines but I am in for a new CRAZY! Too many kids with too much time, they FIGHT! Now, if only I can find a book that tells them to stop. Pronto!

No comments: