Thursday, June 13, 2013

KC's Honor's Banquet 2013

Hi. Once again, KC is invited to this year's Honor's Banquet. To those  unfamiliar to this, it is a year-end activity given by the school to honor academic achievers for the school year. Honors is awarded to students who earn all A's and/or Bs with allowance to one C and High Honors is all As with allowance of one B. Of course, my little princess is High Honors. Woohoo, I am such a proud parent.


KC wore this to the banquet. How cute is that?
My darling princess decides what to wear now.
Family and friends are only invited to the awards ceremony. So the boys and I trooped to the school at 6pm. It feels great to see all the kids who are always very proud of their hard work. Earlier that day, KC's class had geography fair and she and her partner Annie, presented Brazil. I saw how hard they both worked really hard. In fact, they made Brazilian dessert before going to their banquet.

There were a lot of kids who garnered honors and high honors but I am happy to note that out of the kids who excelled, the ones with the highest GPA in each grade level (5-8), 3 were Asians. How cool is that? 3 out of 4? Amazing! KC had all A's for the school year.

KC went to the stage twice because she also received her certificate for being student of the month. Don't mind me, but here I am being all teary eyed. I have always been an advocate for ' don't push your kids too much" and ' just being socially responsible and God-loving child is enough" but seeing my princess up on stage excelling academically as well as being a great school leader just warms my heart.

It was raining cats and dogs after the ceremony so we were all stuck inside taking pictures. So please forgive the low quality pictures.

Hooray for my princess
with the proud brothers

Notice the outfits? Not intentional. I am so proud of her.
We ran to the car after which the kids started teasing me.
Josh: Oh no, Mom's bag is wet ( sarcasm alert)
KC: Josh, why you did not cover it?
Pherry: You guys, it's only Rebecca. ( double sarcasm alert)
When I started wiping off the little drizzle,
KC: Gotta remove that, to avoid WATER STAIN ( triple sarcasm)
Evil laugh follows. Ha! These kids.

I treated KC by letting her choose whatever restaurant she wants. She was coerced by Pherry to go to Beni Cafe. It's a cool place where yuppies hang out.

I then told KC that she can have all the books she wants as a reward. Here's her reward.
I'd rather spend all my money with the Three Little Monkeys' books than all other kid's toys.

I can't tell you enough how I am so proud of my kids. Pherry is consistently in Advance Placement classes and Josh is just completely awesome. All I want for them is to be responsible and grow up with the values we teach them.

How about you, what makes you proud? There are only a few things that makes me proud---- my family+ ( Ambiong), my friends and of course my beautiful kids. I have no wealth or beauty or professional achievements to brag about but the above-mentioned  pride is priceless and can not match any other!

Now, is it summer yet?






No comments: