Friday, October 16, 2015

Birthday Dinner 2015

Of course, there's lunch before dinner! My sweet husband brought us to... Wait for it... Wendy's! The kids refused to get off the car! Hahahahah! 

After that we ran off to a coupe of locations for impromptu Fall shoot, that's for another post. 

Chris brought me to this beautiful ocean-front restaurant in Tiverton Rhode Island, a good 45 minutes drive from our place. The slope down road leading to The Boathouse (http://www.boathousetiverton.com) is so picturesque. The restaurant has a fantastic view of Sakonnet River. It was a beautiful day to be there. The sunset and the perfect view made my 40th birthday so memorable. The food? Ah-may-zhing! 

This is the seafood sampler, our appetizer. Fresh, sweet  and delicious. 

The salad special that day was good too. 

This is my seafood paella which was certainly not my perception of paella but it was so flavorful and just amazing. Not too flavored that you miss the seafood taste. 

Chris had the grilled scallops and shrimps combination. He said it was very good. Coming from him, it must be. They were really fresh. 

The service by our waitstaff is incredible. They are not checking on you every second, which I hate by the way but just enough to make you feel you are taken cared of. The crowd is a little bit of a mix of young people and older ones. I was expecting a little more dressy crowd but was pleasantly surprised that it is rather casual then I realized they are a stone's throw away from a townhouse community which probably makes them the daily dinner meeting place for friends. I didn't see families though. 

The menu is simple which I like. Most restaurants should have this. Not cluttered. You should just have menu where you are so good at that people come back for it. 

For the amazing food, incredible view and good service, the proces are so good! Although I may just make this a special event go to place, due to the distance, I recommend this to the most discerning friends. And you can't beat free parking! 

How about you? What place to you enjoy most. Let me know down the comment below! 

No comments: