Monday, October 12, 2015

Random Thoughts on my Birthday

Hello there! It's been a year? Wow! If you are a longtime reader of my blog you know I do this random thoughts in 10 minutes or whatever I can come up with corresponding to my age, in one sitting. I think I started this about 4 or 5 years ago. Anyway, my 10 minutes starts now. 

1. Whatever happened to manners? 
2. Exercise is over rated. I went to run, er, walk for about 2 hours this morning and I didn't feel any different. Nada. 😜
3. Tom Brady is as good as I saw him first in 2001. 
4. I traded buying coffee over my facial package. Priorities people, priorities. 
5. Who said buying expensive bags is a waste? Buying expensive make-up is a waste? Let me tell you what's a waste? Your beautiful gift from God, and you're letting it rot. Fix your face. 
6. I love eating. I know, it shows in my body. 
7. I think nail polish is a good spirit booster. Try going to a nail salon and let me know if you don't get high. 😜
8. Obama is still the man. 
9. My first vote as an American is Mayor Phelan of Quincy and Hillary Clinton. 
10. I don't know what people do in the shower to warrant more than 10 minutes of staying there. 
11. I don't have Filipino channel in my home. Am I weird?
12. My bestfriends are the best. 
13. I have the best family in the world. My sisters, nieces and nephews are truly a blessing to me. My husband and my children are my only treasure. 
14. When someone invites you to dinner, don't ask where? Ask, what time?
15. There's a lady at work who is allergic to fragrance so we are not allowed to wear any hint of it. That's the only downside of my job right now. Right now.
16. I've  come to realize that blue skies and water views are my writing triggers. 
17. My favorite niece is Fridah. Coz she's got my favorite grandniece a and grand nephew. 
18. I still dream of the day when I go shopping and I don't check the price tag or ask the sales associate if they have discount coupons to use. 😜
19. My friend Ricardo said anything you put on your face less than $16.00, it would not work. That explains why my face is still bad and I don't know how he came up with that number. Go ask him. 
20. I've known all along that income is relative but man, I need more income. Liars! 😜
21. You gotta admit, The Walking Dead is good. 
22. I don't know if I told you here on the blog but I have not used credit cards since 2007 or even earlier. It doesn't mean I don't have credit. Right Grace, Abby?
23. Karmina just made me so proud recently as she got elected as Vice President of her freshmen class. Way to go girl! 
24. I could not stop laughing when I read: " I may not have a lot, but at least I have good looking children. "
25. I can watch NCIS and Criminal Minds all day and all night. Straight. 
26.  I can write better than what you see in my blog but why bother? 😉
27. Recently I was asked--- money or power? Heck, is that a question? Money IS power. But I'd settle for good looks. 😉😜. 
28. I thank God for good friends. Recently, my two good friends Puri and Amjelle visited me, made sure their schedules have me on it even if they were all the way from Cali and Toronto. Thank you girls!
29. I'm a good juggler. Promise. 
30. When people say, if I have that much money, I wouldn't know what to do with it. I scratch my head and give them a " shut up " look. Are you f****ng kidding me?
31. Mac's Ruby Woo is sold out in the Philippines and Singapore. Apparently all because of YayaDub. Eh, I've been using it since forever. But just in case her popularity comes over to the U.S., I bought one more. Just in case people. You never know.
32. I am anxious for the college application of Pherry. I see how he works so hard on them and seen him through the years working diligently to get good grades and extra curricular points. It would break my heart if he doesn't get to MIT as I know how he desperately WANs to. Not that any of his other choices are not good but this is the culmination of his hardwork and if it does not get rewarded with his ultimate plan, I'm sure he'd be devastated. Fingers crossed and I promise to update you with any development. 
33. I have to practice wearing false eyelashes for a back-to-back wedding I'm attending this October. 
34. I'm excited to meet my IG friend in Toronto in a couple of weeks.  Social media makes this world smaller but better. 
35. I think KC is now dressing up better. She's also putting make-up now. 
36. I like listening to old songs. 
37. I have friends. I'm sure more people consider me their acquaintance rather than a friend. Suits me well. Friends are those you invite to your home and they invite you to theirs. Or equivalent to a home-- like a boat. Right Dado? 
Not because you hang out once, you're friends. Ha?
38. When I ride the T, I see different people-- very interesting people. 
39. I don't know why people give such a big deal about Facebook posts. You do yours, they do theirs, I do mine. There is the unfriend button or unfollow setting. 
40.  This past year I have met new friends and been with great friends. I thank God for giving me wonderful people in my life. It's a blessing to meet new people who give more meaning to your life and even a greater blessing to be surrounded by longtime true friends who brightens your day even in the most simple ways. Life is grand when your journey is a continuous stop-over of love, family and friends. I have all thee and I am not wanting for anything. Except more bags. Yup, my doom.

You've come to the end of the blog, let me show you how 40 looks. 
 
Be bold, be  beautiful!

1 comment:

Vel Criste said...

You look fab for forty and definitely got the right attitude for it too!