Tuesday, January 19, 2016

College Application Updates

Hello!

I don't think I told you about Pherry's non-acceptance to MIT. Yes, he did not get in. But that's alright. He said it doesn't mean he wasn't good enough, there are just 1500 more students in the whole world smarter than him that they can actually accept. Way to go for that fighting spirit Kuya! 

Anyways, if you follow me on my social media, you know he got accepted to Wentworth Institute of Technology. Coincidentally, it's the first acceptance as it was the first college we visited this summer. Cool ha! They offered academic scholarship for half-tuition guaranteed for 4 years if he maintains an average of whatever, I forgot. All I know is that he said, that's nothing. Way to go Kuya! Seeing the pattern yet of my son's fighting spirit?

But you're not here for those news above! You are here because he got accepted to UMASS. UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS. Not too impressed? Well, what if I told you he is offered the Chancellor's scholarship? What does that mean? Full tuition and other mandatory fees amounting to $12,500. Coupled with the Abigail Adams scholarship he received last year, we basically don't have to pay a single penny! Not a single penny! Wait wait! There's more! He is accepted to the Honor's College of the Umass School system. It's the rigorous program at all the UMASS academic schools. Shut the front door! I am super duper proud of my first born! What am I going to do with all the money I saved for his college education? Hahahahahah. Just kidding my dear friends. 




Anyways, all these scholarship are merit/ academic ones. We have not gotten any financial scholarship just yet. That would really supplement all his needs. But who needs financial aid when you can use--- you know--- brain powers to pay for anything! Kidding again. Just being funny as I am super psyched!

Awaiting for other schools so we can all finally move on. Ha, why save for college education when you can invest in your child. Focus on them, nurture them, be with them and you don't have to pay a penny! 


No comments: