Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Fooling As If

Since transitioning to management, I have been to many many meetings. Meetings.....
Anyway, you know how you can't talk because what the other people are saying are utterly absurd and it's not worth it and it's plain stupid to even allocate a sentence? Or the total opposite that you feel you are the only one talking coz no one is interested in your proposal and you secretly swear to yourself marking each face buried in cellphones and "pretend" taking notes to NEVER support them next time they do have a proposal too? Yup, been there done that. 
But for me, the most ridiculous ones are the people who think they will come out winners of a discussion/ argument just because you are being quiet and tactful and they go on and on and on talking about themselves and how this and that and you're this and you're that.... because they are making themselves look stupid! 

Listen, I can be as sarcastic as you are believe me I can but I choose not too because there is a place and time for all that. I can be rude and nasty like you, believe me I can, my nickname growing up is not Bads for nothing  but I choose not too because I can see how awful it is to be rude just by looking at your mouth spitting saliva on the table. I can be argumentative as you are, believe me I can. I am not orator of the year for nothing but I choose not to. Why? Because there is no point in arguing with mindless talking machines like you who have no agenda whatsoever but to spew rabid lies and accusations. Also, last but not the least, I can be condescending like you and believe me I can. I created the title Condescending Queen. But you know what? I choose not too. For the pure reason that I don't need to be condescending towards you as you are already doing the damage on your own--- putting yourself down. 

Sometimes the only response I give to people such as the aforementioned types is to keep still. Silence. Because the moment I open my mouth, I may unleash the wrath I have and regret it later. I don't regret anything I have ever said or done. Maybe regret it because I hurt the people I love but I take responsibility for it. I stand for my own words. Never bending it, or worse denying it altogether. 

So let me just share a little thought and maybe somehow one who comes across this post can learn one thing. During meetings, discussions, arguments, rebuttals or whatever it may be, stop for a second and take a closer look at who you are. Calling people names, denying any incidents or falsely accusing people do not make you the winner. On the contrary, you are defining yourself at that very moment. On the other hand, not because the other party is quiet and intently looking at you, it does not mean they are agreeing with you or they are nibs for allowing your bad behavior. No no no. In my case, I'm just usually stunned for such atrocities that my expressions and words don't coincide anymore. Hahahahahha. Even my " resting bitch face" can't come outt with such vile person. 

Yes folks, that's my day. How's yours? On the other hand, when I got home, my two boys were cooking with me, singing 90's music with me and my eldest dancing with me to the tune of the Beatles' Imagine. So there you go, I may just have a better home life than others. 

No comments: