Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Friday Mommy- Daughter Date

You all know how the Three Little monkeys love books. I try to read all the books they do read but unfortunately I've been so behind! How can I catch up with all 3 readers in the house. One versus three? Not fair! In fact I don't even know what series KC is reading now which brings me to say "slacker mom". Ha!

As KC's prize for getting all A's for this school year, she got another book series, and was almost shrieking when she found them because apparently, it's hard to find especially together! I can see myself in her where my heart would pitter-patter every time I can borrow a book. Yes, borrow--- my parents can't afford books! But that's another story.


Anyway, on Friday, KC and I went to the mall to bond. First stop--- Starbucks! The  girl loves her Starbucks. Then we just wandered around Target--- my certified crazy hellhole! We went around the mall some more and just window-shopped. She laughs on how I go gaga over make-up even though I don't buy or how I notice everyone's handbags. Ha! We saw some stuff and laugh at the same stuff. Funny how we do that!

Then, we "accidentally" ended at Crumbs which just opened a new branch at South Shore Plaza. Oh, how the princess devours those humongous cupcakes! Question, if they are big, are they still called cupcakes? And why are there mini cupcakes now? Isn't cupcake mini for cake? So now, there is mini for mini? What about cake pops? Hahahahah! 


Anyway, we went to Barnes and Noble in search of that one missing book of the series she is currently reading. Boy, was that a mistake!

 She was giddy as can be when she found " oh my God, this is crazy, I thought I can't find these anymore ever, this is so great, I love you mom" kind of giddy. Who can ever say no?



Oh we'll, I'd rather spend my hard earned moolah buying books for the Three Little Monkeys than whatever else.

Oh by the way, I may or may not have gotten more David Yurman pieces. May not. 

Have about you, how do you bond with your kids?

No comments: